Stuart Broad interested in IPL

 Stuart Broad, the England fast bowler, has said he would like to feature in the IPL sometime despite skipping this year's tournament because of a hectic international schedule and fitness concerns.

"There's no doubt that I would like to be involved in the IPL at some stage in my career but at this moment in time I want those three weeks [after the West Indies tour] to rest my body and mind before the summer that includes the World Twenty20 and the Ashes series," said Broad.

"I just feel that at this stage of my career as a 22-year-old, having quite a busy winter with four Tests and five ODIs in the West Indies, I was just going to use that three-week window as a break leading up to what is going to be a massive summer."

Broad also felt English cricket would receive a major boost as a result of hosting this year's Twenty20 World Cup. "I think hosting the event is a massive plus for us. Twenty20 is really big in England on the domestic side so to be having the World Twenty20 is going to make the crowds even more excitable," he said.

"The crowds in England love it when players hit fours and sixes and I imagine with a tournament like this they're going to love it even more, I think it's going to be a really exciting event." 

0 comments:

Post a Comment